Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Saga Continues...

So I get better at e-mailing people nice, long e-mails and forget about my blog.
Then the internet dies, and the only computer still in this century is the main one...and Dad's main task right now is programming the girl33 website to sell Christmas cards. When you are programming the internet, you need a computer that will go onto the internet. And when you are my Dad, you work on it whenever possible...so until the network is better, I'm going to be a little out of touch. Which, I'm terribly sorry to say, means less e-mail, and more blog. But I'll keep you posted.

The Christmas cards are FANTASTIC, by the way. I don't know if the site is up as I write this, but it probably will be soon. Check it out.

The past month, October, has been very difficult. There have been some very happy moments--there are two or three new women in the Well's program, and at a girl's camp we held this week for young teens, all six or seven became Christians. Several were from Uthaithani, which you will remember if you are a faithful blog reader--or if you were in Uthai yourself. Miss you guys!

I've been very, very sick for most of this month, and that has been really hard. Serving anyone is difficult when you feel horrible inside. I've also been feeling very discouraged, though not about anything in particular. Feeling lousy and feeling down do not make for the happiest Anna in Thailand, and I really need prayer in this area. I've felt okay for the past three days, but I'm still not healthy or whole. I've also been dealing with a lot of worries about how things will look when I come back. I'll need a car, and school, and most likely will be quite broke by then. I'm still trying to raise support for my time here, since my earlier fundraising brought in very little--not near enough to even cover my plane ticket. If you feel led to give in any way, please comment and I will get an e-mail to you.

Jaimie and Sam are doing really well with school. We are learning about mammals, fractions, and Bzyantines. They're definitely great kids, and I love being able to hang with them after being gone for a year. I'm going to be sad to come home, which I suppose means come back to Aurora. Home is such a strange idea right now. Here or there...or everywhere?

Well, that's a short little piece of my heart right now. It's not very well-written or well-edited because it's late, but I wanted everyone (all 4 people who read this!) to know what was up. I miss you all.

Please keep praying. I need it more than you know. And please write or comment. I need to know you are backing me up. It encourages me. Thanks.

No comments: