Wednesday, September 13, 2006

young adultness

I lost three things yesterday--my pen, my notebook, and my brain.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. For the past few weeks, my mind has been a puddle of mushy, foggy information. I have a rehearse my day in my mind while I brush my teeth or I swear I'd forget to go to school. I might even forget to stop brushing my teeth. It's that bad.

I thought I was going mental. Seriously, who can't manage their life? My mother forgets things sometimes, but she has six other people to keep track of. I'm only a college student.

That was the epiphany. I'm only a college student. They call us "young adults" because--get this--we aren't adults yet. We're still figuring that out. I'm in the process of learning how to manage my time, prioritize my schedule, and call people back within a reasonable amount of time. (Sorry, Marc.) And for a college student, I'm doing pretty well. In fact, I think I'm even getting better at it. Pretty sweet and awesome.

I even do my laundry every other week.

2 comments:

Amy_Kathleen said...

YAY! I'm a llama again!!!

Sorry, my new groove just slipped out. I think I was hearing you say:

YAY! I'm a young adult again!!

yeah okay it's not even 7 am hence my randomness. Yes, you really do have a great grasp on your life, it's true. It's easy to expect more when you have psycho older people around you who are driven and insane about work, life and play.

Unknown said...

psycho older people...yes, eloquently put.