Monday, September 18, 2006

The Glory that is 50

Over a year later, I have attained a glorious victory in blogdom.

I, esteemed visitor, have reached the 50th post.

I have carefully considered this moment of jubilee. How best to acknowledge the passage of all these words and thoughts? How best to commemorate the insight, the wit, the irregularity, and the general randomness of all that is Tiny Specks?

I thought about doing a flashback montage of the best moments of the blog, but bad 90s sit-coms kept interferring with my thoughts. I then decided to create some sort of ode hailing the epic side of the blog, but as you know, I'm not the over the top type. Finally, I debated taking a picture of myself sitting at my computer with the blog on the screen, smiling happily, but that screamed myspace, and I'm not in middle school.

So then I decided that, given the blog's history, I should simply follow tradtion and continue in the pattern which has underscored my entire blogging experience. I simply won't post at all.

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. There is no 50th post. It is the gap between post 49 and this one, which is officially the 51st. All hail the little black space.

1 comment:

Amy_Kathleen said...

I LOVE IT! It's the anti-celebration. Oh, I am inspired for a new post. Coming soon to a blog near you...