Wednesday, September 06, 2006

what drives YOU?

In case you were wondering about those resolutions, I did two loads of laundry today. And, uh, a paper that is kind of due in about ten hours...

I learned today that Newton was an idiot. Yes, that Newton. Apple on the head "whoops, gravity" Newton. As a small child, I always wondered what people thought when apples fell before. I mean, it took until the reinassance for people to notice that things fall when dropped? Seriously, I'd give more credit to humankind that that.

Anyway
, today I discovered that this brilliant physicist, inventor of gravity, finder of the laws of motion and lauded as the father of classical mechanics, died of mercury poison. Why?

He spent most of his life trying to turn iron into gold.

Oh well. At least his cookies are good.

No comments: