Friday, April 13, 2007

thai day

Like my new template?

Today was a Thai day. I started this morning by writing down words in english and in Thai script and posting them in my room. When I see them, I 'read' the Thai words and pay attention to the script. They say a five-year-old needs 2-3 thousand literacy hours in order to learn to read well, so I have a lot to catch up on. We'll see how it works. I wonder if there is a Thai equivalent to Dr. Suess...

Ben and I went to Thai Spice for dinner. They changed owners a few months ago and we'd heard mixed reviews, but the food was great. Not quite spicy enough, but excellent in a bland sort of way. I love rice. It meets a need in my soul. Sort of like peanut m&ms, and if you understand the depth of my addiction to peanut m&ms, you'll understand the gravity of that statement. Rice is a beautiful thing. It reminds me of living in Asia.

I rounded it out by reading dad's blog and then watching youtube videos of Songkran, the national Thai New Year's celebration where everyone wears Hawai'ian shirts and throws water at everyone, even innocent bystanders. I've never seen a Songkran, but it is on my list of things to do before I die.

Now I'm trying to finish the guest list for my wedding and starting to wish we'd chosen to elope. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Anna I love your new template! it's really pretty. I didn't see you in church today... were you there?

Kezzia said...

ANNA!!
I love you so much! cool template how did you do it?