Tuesday, February 20, 2007

you ain't foolin' me

You ain't foolin me, February.

You think you're all that,
with your sunshine
warm breeze
and muddy puddlin' sidewalks.

But you ain't foolin' me.

You might be foolin' the birds, February.

They're singing thier hearts out
with lighthearted chirpin',
crazy tunes
and high-falutin' lyrics.

But you ain't fooling me.

You might be foolin' the grass, February.

It's trying to grow green
with muddy snow,
squishy earth
and springtime determination.

But you ain't foolin' me.

You might be fooling my friends, February.
They're acting crazy
with summer clothes
no coats
and joyful winter-dead cries.

But you ain't foolin' me.

I know you, February.
I know you are still winter.
Leave the guesswork up to March.

Still, it was nice of you to try.

3 comments:

Amy_Kathleen said...

It's desperately trying to hold on isn't it? Spring is a force to be reckoned with, however, and will not be denied!

Unknown said...

I LIKE THIS ONE!!!
Yay!

I wish winter would go away...

kittykiki said...

annie !
i miss you and luv you
sis' [marquita]
p.s.- please look at my blog and comment!