Saturday, February 03, 2007

winter

I like flying along the satin sheen of wind-buffed snow on a sunny morning.

I like hearing nothing but the rythmic tramping crunch of snowboots on salty concrete.

I like inhaling the sharp bitterness of frozen air.

I like dancing like black branches abandoning themselves to a deeper velvet blue sky.

I like listening to the whispered downy quietness of moonlight on drifting snow.

I like snuggling into the softness of a fuzzy-thick scarf.

I like identifying with the violent angry rattle of the storm windows.

I like tasting the sweet, crystal-clear coldness that sticks to my face.

I like breathing big white clouds.

1 comment:

Amy_Kathleen said...

I love winter, yes I do. I love winter and apparently you do too! I bought a red scarf today...but it ain't for me ;)

I also decided nothing makes me feel more vulnerable/cheesy than wandering around Hallmark before Valentine's Day and accidentally opening up a musical card.