Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I miss my girls

I have my mom here, and she's great. I've got two sisters, and they're great. I've also got a Dad, two awesome brothers, and the best boyfriend imaginable. But my sisters are young and my mom is often busy. While I love my family and my boyfriend, I've got an empty spot. I miss talking about girl things. I miss laughing with girls and being at ease with girls and doing things with girls.

I miss talking about chick movies. I miss watching them. I want to see Pride and Prejudice with girls. Afterwards I'd like to talk about it the way only girls can talk about it. None of this breaking apart of the acting and cinematography and lamenting the scenes of lengthy dialogue, but rather digesting the relationships and the story in the way girls do together when not one male is present. Slowly and over a long time, with food to accompany and lots of laughter and intermittent sighs at how cute guys with accents are.

I miss sleepovers and talking L-A-T-E into the night about the nearest and dearest things in my heart and in their hearts. I miss being teased about my boyfriend and teasing other girls too, and then laughing and groaning because boys are so bizarre. The most bizarre things on earth that like to discuss things like politics and video games and movies and computer parts and fighting techniques and music. Instead, I want the conversation to drift over into things like clothes and boys and God and fun and shopping and giggles and hot tea...and heartaches. I miss having conversations that compare nothing at all, conversations that are not veiled debates, and conversations that are completely unimportant yet vital to every girls' heart. I miss my friends.

I love you. See you soon.
Can we have some girl time?

disclaimer to the boys: Don't worry. I love you. I love talking to you. I even love debating with you. But you know how we do...

2 comments:

Julian said...

:)) very funny and interesting. Have you made a wish on Cristmas eve? Maybe it'll come true. Keep dreaming, it might happen. Dreams are what keep us going sometimes.

Julian said...

Are you home? Do you still feel at home in the US?
My home town is Constanta, and after 3 years in another city... it's kinda funny going home... getting used to it takes a while. And when I finally manage, I leave for school again.
Good luck!