Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Laughter

I got out of my car tonight and the air smelled of spring. The air held a quiet, earthy dampness which though muffled by the chilly evening, eeked through the tree branches, gently twitching them aside as if to say, "Excuse me, I'm coming in now," like Cinderella shyly entering the ball.

Soon enough, Spring, you'll explode. The crocuses are hinting yellow and purple, and even the laughter of the daffodils is beginning to echo beneath the icy wind. For now, you may continue your coquettry. Winter is a thing to be laughed away.

In my heart there is Spring, too. I am not laughing quite yet, but the smile within my soul is growing. I have lived in winter for a very long time now. The human heart is not created for winters, you see. Rather, mine clamors for beauty, for light, for laughter, and for love. There is certainly beauty to be found in Winter, for there is always hope in winter, and true hope is always lovely to look at. Hope is lovely because if it is real, it is not dissapointed. There is always Spring. Aslan will return. A King will find his Princess. Her soul will laugh louder than a host of daffodils.

4 comments:

Amy_Kathleen said...

God told me that Spring is now here for me as well! How about that?! I have been waiting a long time.

Anonymous said...

It's been a while. :) Just can't find the time to keep my blog up 2 date... These las few months have been chaotic. School, dogmatics, some trouble with my girlfriend etc.
My dad works in Sakhalin island, Russia. Very close to Japan. And it seems he had a heart attack last night... They have an International SOS clinic there; gave him some medication. And decided he should go to International SOS in Tokio, Japan, because they don't have the necessary equipment. He couldn't leave today, because there's a blizzard in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Maybe tomorrow...

It's probably gonna be ok... Yet I keep asking myself: Why me?
Thanks for reading and for just being there and listening... a... no, reading :)
Bye!

Anonymous said...

Hardly even noticed spring is here already.
I'm standing now, looking out the window and... it's beautiful. Thanks for reminding me.

Julian said...

Hi! Remember me? :) Still alive!
Summer break is here. My girlfriend is in the Danube delta with her parents. They work there at a floating hotel. Don't get to see her to often. Which can be depressing sometimes. We try to manage. So far, it's working.
It's nice to be back on the blogs. It's been a while. Take care! Bye