Wednesday, September 05, 2007

crash

At 3:15, I heard the unmistakable bang and screech of a car accident on the corner. I resisted the tempation to run out and look like all the children in the courtyard. I knew I wouldn't be able to help and, well, the memory of my own accident over two and a half years ago still makes my blood run cold.

At 3:18, I heard the siren.

At 3:19, the police arrived.

I guess that's why we pay taxes.

There haven't been any more sirens, so hopefully that means there were no injuries, though I am still praying.

Now they need to use some more of those tax dollars to put in over-street lights, instead of the short little posts on the corners that we currently have.

3 comments:

Julian said...

don't even know if you remember me... it's been a long and somewhat painful year for me. didn't really have the time for a blog. it was great at some point, then it all suddenly went from perfect to hell on earth. that's how i could describe breaking up from my first and until now only girlfriend. it's been more than 5 months since then yet i'm still not sure i'm over it. it's said that time heals all wounds. well, most of them.
it would be nice to talk to you again.
take care. and God bless.

Unknown said...

I loves you sis! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Update or I'll call you a gopher in public!